Sunday, September 6, 2015

Grind Espresso Shot

I love coffee. I don’t like more than one or two cups in the morning. I’m also not one of those people that stands in line at a national chain shop waiting for a half decaf mocha soy latte with caramel sauce and extra foam. No, I’m much more of a guy that likes black coffee from my favorite convenience store or diner. I’ll drop in a little French vanilla cream if I’m feeling frisky but most of the time I like it strong and black. I’m sure I could make an innuendo about my girl Serena Williams, but I would never stoop to that level. Love ya' SW.


One of my favorite liquor reps was in town with a few things for me to try. One of the bottles she brought was Grind Espresso Shot. It is made with Arabica coffee from Columbia and Caribbean rum. There are a whole lot of coffee liqueurs out on the market. People even make their own “homemade Kahlua” as most of them call it. There are some good ones, there are some cheap ones, but there is rarely one that fits both of those adjectives. Grind is that liqueur. Hooray for us all. The taste of Grind is pretty straight forward on the first shot. It tastes like sweet coffee. On the second shot…yes I had two! I was doing research! On the second shot, I let it warm up a little then I took a sip. As it swished on my tongue, I picked up all the great subtle flavors that comes with a strong coffee from the hills of Columbia. I was able to pull the taste of almonds and pecans, roasted cacao nibs, a faint hit of vanilla, and cane sugar. Whether those were the actual flavors in the liqueur or not is really irrelevant. The only thing you need to know is that it was super delicious and half the price of Kahlua. Look for it, ask for it, buy it, and enjoy the heck out of it. Cheers. 


See what else is going on at www.talkingsimian.com


No comments:

Post a Comment