Sunday, September 20, 2015

Shiner - Ruby Redbird Beer

We’ve just been through a summer that wasn’t too terribly bad as far as the weather goes. Don’t get me wrong, summertime in Oklahoma is still hot, sticky humid, and sometimes tornadic. One thing that helped ease the heat was beer. Mmmm…beeeer. One that I particularly enjoyed this year was Shiner’s Ruby Redbird. It was refreshing. Or as I sometimes say ‘Wefweshing’!


Shiner starts off with a golden colored lager that is light weight, and very tasty. The Ruby in the name is a subtle hint to let you know there is fresh Texas ruby red grapefruit juice in it. If that wasn’t enough of a pick-me-up, they added a faint hint of ginger to give this beer a bit of a zing at the end. When I first brought it home, I was a little apprehensive since grapefruit isn’t one of my favorite fruits. But in the name of experimentation, I grabbed one and put it in the beer fridge. I got it out the next day and poured it into my favorite pint glass. It looked beautiful. It smelled a little like citrus but not too much. I took my first drink and thought twice about not liking grapefruit. It had a light grapefruit taste blended amazingly with the malt. It has a low hop content so you could drink a few and not tax your taste buds. I didn’t actually taste the ginger in the beer, but I felt the twinge of it on the back of my tongue. If you like beers that are a little different, this will pique your interest. I finished this Ruby Redbird pretty quickly and I wanted another one. Alas, I only bought one bottle. I had to wait a whole 24 hours before I could have another one. Don’t make the same mistake I did. Get a sixer. Cheers.  ABV - 4.01 / IBU - 13

Check out more Shiner beers at www.Shiner.com

See what else is going on at www.talkingsimian.com


No comments:

Post a Comment