Sunday, September 27, 2015

Instant Karma Gourmet Hot Dogs

It’s awesome. You should go there.

I guess I could elaborate on that a little bit. My family and I took a short trip to Joplin recently and wanted something different than the usual things we find on Rangeline Road. There are only so many burgers, Chinese buffets, and sandwiches you can eat and not go crazy. I heard about Instant Karma from a friend who had eaten there a few months ago. I squared it away with my wife and daughter and we headed downtown.

Instant Karma is in an old store front that has those classic display windows and a front door that’s tucked back away from the sidewalk. When I went in, the first things I saw were a foosball table, some local art on the walls, about 15 tables, and a full bar. I would later learn from our great waitress that it is stocked with 26 beers, 1 cider, and a wine all on tap. We were told the specials of the day which sounded great but we all wanted one of their standards from the menu. My daughter found her new favorite food on the planet, the Grilled Cheese Burger. Picture if you will two grilled cheese sandwiches. Now imagine those two sandwiches as the bottom and top buns for a big juicy hamburger. She also added some sweet potato fries as her side. I think my daughter shed a little tear of joy when it showed up. She said she might need to move to Joplin because of it. My lovely wife ordered one of her favorite things, a bratwurst with sour kraut and mustard. She said it was very good, but the mustard was hot enough that her spirit left her body for a couple of minutes. I tried it and it was pretty spicy but very tasty. Finally, I ordered the Wiener Cristo. Imagine a Monte Cristo sandwich but with a hot dog. It was served on a plate dusted with powdered sugar and some grape jelly which I prefer above the usual raspberry jelly. To top it off, we ordered a basket (which was actually a giant plate) of cheese fries to split between us. After we had devoured most of what was in front of us, we sat back staring into space because we were all a little food high. The grand total for all of us to eat and drink was a little pricey at $50, but it was a great trip to a new place. We’ll definitely go back to Instant Karma. I’ll just have to remember to schedule the visit after payday. 

Go like them on their Facebook page HERE

See what else is going on at www.talkingsimian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment